Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sitting at the Chicken Table

Today in Directing class my teacher was evaluating our third film rough cuts. Shannon's film took place in a kitchen. My Directing teacher, who is Czech, kept calling it a 'chicken'. "So, when your character gets up from zee chicken table, goes to get her bag in zee bedroom, and then walks back into zee chicken..."
I completely lost it. Spencer, Matteo, and I could not keep it together. I guess maybe this doesn't seem very funny to you. But when you are confined to an editing room all day, this is bound to crack you up. I had to leave the room to get it together.

In other news, my film is looking really good. I laid down some music, which took it to a whole new level. It's amazing what music can do.

Also, I had my first 'wake up at 4 am with a brilliant idea' moment last night. But that moment is usually followed with a proof-read in the morning when you discover that your idea is actually crap, or that you can't read a lick of what you wrote. Fortunately I still very much like my idea, but I'm still in the process of deciphering exactly what I wrote.
It has something to do with absurd conversations about the environment...I think.

Yikes! Gotta run. I think something is burning in the chicken.

2 comments:

  1. The best belly-laugh is the laugh you are not supposed to have - like when Blase broke the bells. You had to be there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOO FUNNY - and boy do I hate cleaning the chicken.
    Things that made you smile also makes me smile thinking of your joy.

    ReplyDelete