Today I saw a very modest-looking blonde girl sitting on the tram reading a novel. She was dressed in a button up shirt, secured tightly at the neck, a black cardigan, half-way buttoned up, and black slacks. A spitting image. She looked extremely interested in what she was reading. I thought maybe a love story, but she also looked perplexed. A murder mystery? I was so curious and started making bets with myself in my head. Steven Crane? Milan Kundera? Margaret Atwood? (Three authors I am currently reading). She slowly brought the book up to her face as she became more and more interested in the beautiful prose laid out before her on each page. Finally, I saw the cover. "Kiss & Make up," by Gene Simmons, his tongue almost popping out at me and poking me in the eye. I laughed, and she looked up. She gave me one of those Angela Kinsey disapproving stares, and then got off at the next stop.
People are funny.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

hahah you are something else
ReplyDeleteI too would have LOL & got out of dodge hee hee.
ReplyDelete