Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Mongůs /=/ Scor-pion

In my surrealism class, we had to do a one minute video or one shot video that exemplified surrealism. Spencer and I did one that was about 15 seconds long. We put the camera down on a table and pressed record, and then our hands just started scurrying around the table like animals. Then, after about 6 seconds of this, my hand attacked his hand and killed it. After my kill, I was still starved for the hunt, so I turn to the camera and BAM! I attack the camera and then cut to black. I've decided that this class is the biggest bullshit I've ever known, so our title (which is also the title of this post) was also bullshit. When our teacher asked us to explain the title we said something along the lines of me being a Czech mongoose and him being a communist scorpion, or something....he loved it. Ate it all up with a spoon.

Speaking of eats, I cooked the most delicious dinner tonight with Paolo. I made it up as I went along. I made brown rice with sauteed onion and arugula, sun-dried tomatoes, eggplant, carrots, and celery. Very simple, but it was delicious all the same. I really like cooking, and I realized how much I like being a vegetarian. Paolo complains every time I cook, though. He is a grade-A carnivore. Pff, Croatians... (it's okay, I can say that because I have Croatian friends).

On a completely wonderful note, I think I may have found the other actor for my film. My friend, Matteo, agreed to be in my film. I picked him to play the part of Damek, this goofy guy who is the side-kick to Kazimir, the leader of the Global Warming scheme. However, he agreed without having read the script because he is the nicest. So we will see if he still wants to do it after giving it a read through.

This week I am going prop shopping and location shooting, making a budget and a schedule, and hopefully running a rehearsal or two with my actors- if I can fit it in.
I am going to try and budget this film so that I can travel lots when I'm done with the shoot. Our spring break is April 10-19, and I'm in desperate need to travel. I love Prague, but I'm ready to get away for a little while. I can rarely stay put for very long.

Apparently, Bryan Cranston is here in Prague filming an episode of Breaking Bad.
Also, this video of Rhianna's song, "Please Don't Stop the Music" takes place in the very first club I went to in Prague. And if you look closely in the very first shot, you can see my tram pass by in the background. Neat!

I feel like there is more to say, but maybe I should save posts for important things, and not just stream of consciousness? Yes, I think so.

1 comment:

  1. get me a pair of bryan cranston's tighty whities for me!

    ReplyDelete