What a nice weekend. I held the rest of my auditions which went much better, except that one guy didn't show up (the one who kept referring to me as 'T'). But I have one actor for sure, and hopefully this other guy who I still have to meet with, but would be perfect for one of my characters. They are both Czech and are afraid their English might not be good enough, so I may end up translating the script and having English subtitles.
On Friday night, Spencer and I went to this bar called 'Friends' that we had passed by a few weeks ago. When we looked it up online, it said that it was "Oriental Freedom Night." It was either completely politically incorrect, or a Czech headline that didn't translate to English. We decided to check it out. When we got there, it was a room FULL of women dancing to Madonna and Cher. Apparently, Oriental Freedom Night means lesbian night. We decided to go with the flow, drank cosmopolitans and danced up a storm. It was a lot of fun. I find that gay bars are way more fun than straight bars. Later, we met up with our friends, Simba and Sebastian, (who live together in what they like to refer to as The Disney House) and went to this bar that looked like we were on the inside of a whale's mouth. They played bad music and by that time I was broke, so Spencer and I went home. The birds were chirping, and in my experience, this has always been the sign of a good night.
Yesterday, Spencer and I made a big delicious lunch with fresh basil. Basil just smells like summer to me. It reminds me of making fresh pesto in California and fresh foods and the sun and being outside. I like that scent can trigger all of these beautiful tiny memories that can get lost in the winter.
Last night I went with my friend, Didem (from Turkey), to a jazz bar called U Maleho Glena. We sipped cheap wine and listened to good jazz in a small basement. It was really nice because I forgot where I was for a while. It's cool that music has no language (well, the non-lyrical type). Everyone can go to hear jazz and understand it, no matter what language they speak. The bass player and drummer communicate with each other not with words, but with beats and rhythm and timing. I like watching the trumpet player read the music and smile when the drummer goes on a solo and changes it up a bit. You can also get a lot of thinking done at a jazz club.
Only 2 weeks until I film my project. I still have to get impossible-to-find props, rehearse with my actors (get my second actor), and go photograph my location (I'm filming next to the big metronome!) I am also helping to direct Spencer and Shannon's films which are right before and after mine. These next couple of weeks will be hard, but I know it will be worth it when Al Gore presents me with an award and praises me for my dedication to the arts and the environment.
On a completely unrelated note, the line-up for Bonnaroo this summer looks amazing.
I wish I was a billionaire.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment