Due to bad weather, I wasn't able to do as much outside exploring and photo adventuring as I had hoped. However, to pass the time I did go paint-balling yesterday with 14 other PCFE students. It was terrifying. We were in two teams, hiding in different locations around an old military bunker. And the only thing separating my skin from the orange goo-filled plastic ball traveling at me at 300 fps was my thin camouflage jumpsuit (which was pointless since my team had to wear bright yellow vests) and my hoodie sweatshirt. But the 5 big bruises and welts on my arms and legs that I have to show for myself taught me a lot about teamwork. I learned that I should let the team do the work, and find myself a good hiding spot until it's all over.
And being the good film students that we are, a couple of us taped cameras to our jumpsuits to have fun footage to edit. I'll give you the link when it's up on YouTube. I'm the one ducking for cover or screaming or running away. Despite the helmets you'll be able to spot me quite easily.
I just finished editing my second project. It turned out...pretty awful. Awful as a full project, that is. There are aspects about it that I like, but my lighting continuity is laughable. Let's just say I needed to put a card in the middle of the movie that said, "8 hours later..." because it literally went from day to night. The last shot though, is really the best. Ann is talking, Graham is talking, they turn to walk out the door, pan to follow them and BAM! A light stand right smack in the middle of my frame. How did I not SEE that in production?! And there is really no way to fix it, so it's my "live and learn" shot. But this is why I want to be an editor. You can blame everyone else for messing up during production and yell, "I can't work with this!" But I have no one to blame but myself for this one :(
And now we are on to ideas for our third and fourth projects. The third project I am having issues with. If I shoot, I have to get my hands on a mouse. And a mouse trainer, as mice tend to be the WORST actors.
But it was a nice weekend overall. Here are some tidbits about my life:
I'm about to start reading The Unbearable Lightness of Being.
I drink green tea with honey and lemon everyday.
I'm getting really good at cooking, though only at cooking pasta with vegetables.
Living with boys has its ups and downs. Mostly that my eggs keep mysteriously disappearing and there are gross tiny hairs in the sink from the shaving of the face.
It's still really cold.
My whites turned grey in the wash.
Hang drying takes forever.
My bed creaks with every toss and turn.
The amount of daily techno intake I am getting should be illegal.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment